Sunday 6 November 2016

X - wing model part 3


I have now created one basic wing for my ship, without any extrusions and details that I would like to model in rather than texture. I made the wing by first making a small and simple connector between the ships body and the cylindrical engine out of a cube, then I extruded the cylinder out along the side of my wing to make it look like it does on the actual ship. The wing itself was more difficult than it look due to the fact that the new x-wings wings are not the same at the top and the bottom, which is hard to tell from the top view in the reference image, but is actually two different shapes that went flat against one another look like a single wing shape. Finally I made the guns on the ends of the wings, making this was simply a matter of following the reference image and extruding along the cylinder, changing the width when necessary, I did this rather than use multiple spheres to create more of a flowing look and to avoid the possibility of too many overlapping faces, which would increase the poly count unnecessarily. For the second gun I simply grouped the first one into a single object and duplicated, then scaled it by -1 on the appropriate axis to move it exactly opposite position.


No comments:

Post a Comment