Tuesday 22 November 2016

Tie Interceptor model part 2


Here I began to set to work on making my cockpit, I started by deleting some faces off of the circle where the cockpit would sit, I then created an octagon and aligned it with the middle of the cockpit, which is an octagon in the reference images. I then added edge loops all around the octagon and extruded them to make small lines coming out of the octagon and connecting to the edge of the ships body, these will act as the frames of my cockpits window.


Here I have finished creating the frames and having pulled them back a bit to give depth to the cockpit, so it isn't just a flat surface.



Here I have Finished creating and extruding the shapes for the windows.


Now I have aligned the windows with the window frames and snapped the vertices into place., so there are no overlapping faces, and the cockpit looks exactly as it should.


Finally I moved my cockpit into my ship and aligned it perfectly by adding edge loops into the cockpit and moving the vertices so that they align with the vertices on the  rim of the body of the ship, this allowed me to move the cockpit perfectly in place with no overlapping faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment