Thursday 3 November 2016

X - wing model part 2


After I made the initial basic body shape of my model, I proceeded to add Some details on to the back of my model, things which I wanted to have depth, or that I thought added something to the model, otherwise it would be more efficient to simply texture small details on to the model and add a bump map for thing with slight depth.
After I was done adding some detail to the body of my ship I made anew cube, with this new cube I made the cockpit by following the same method I used to make the body, but for the windows I extruded the faces on the cockpit to make them slightly thinner all around and add the frame to the edge of the windows, and finally I extruded them in to give the windows depth into the cockpit, to make them look like they are on my reference images.
I used the same method that I did for both the cockpit and body to make the nose of my ship as well, as long as an extrusion to create the indentation in the nose of the ship.

A very useful thing to know for this section was the tool setting, which allows you to change the axis you offset by, so you can make it relative to the world, following the normal axis, or relative to the object you have selected, so if it is faced at an angle it can move perfectly along that angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment