Monday 24 October 2016

Star wars: Moodboard


Star Wars Moodboard
Above is my moodboard, this shows the 3 different types of ship that I would like to model and use in my animation. The first ship that I chose to include was the T-70 x-wing, this is very similar to the original x-wing design, but it has 2 large cylinders in the wings rather than 4 smaller cylinder engines. The second ship that I have chosen to model is the Tie Interceptor, this ship is extremely similar to the Tie Fighter, but I thought that the Fighter would be too simple, and that more people would use it, so I decided to go for a slightly different design in the Interceptor. Finally I have chosen the y-wing as my last model, I have chosen this ship for a few reasons, the main reason is that the concept for my animation is one ship (x-wing) defending a bomber (y-wing) from an enemy attack (Tie Interceptor), that isn't the only reason though, I also thought that the design of the y-wing was very interesting and didn't look like any other ships in the star wars universe, so I felt that it would be fun and interesting to try and model. The moodboard also shows off the types of terrain that the ships would fit into, for the Interceptor and the y-wing they have mostly been used in space battles, but the x-wing has mostly been used in attacks on ground forces on the ground of a planet, so I have a couple of terrain options that I could look into using in my animation as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment